UKG Ready FAQ’s
Below are some common questions from staff we would like to clarify. Please see below:
- Question: I tried to login to the new system and it said my account is locked. What do I need to do?
- Answer: To keep from your account locking, please try to click forget password and enter your username. You will get a link to follow. Please try this before locking your account, but if your account is locked already, you will need to submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Question: Will exempt staff have to punch?
- Answer: No, if you are currently not punching in Kronos Workforce Central, you will not punch in UKG Ready. UKG Ready will be utilized by exempt staff to request leave, view accrual balances and use employee self-service to change address, direct deposit, etc.
- Question: When we start going to being paid twice a month, how will insurance be taken out? Will it be all at once or split between the two checks?
- Answer: Deductions will be split between checks.
- Question: Who would I talk to to have staff manager 2 assignments corrected? It looks like all my staff were defaulted elsewhere.
- Answer: Any Manager 1, 2 or 3 changes should be directed to Human Resources. Please notify them by emailing email@example.com.
- Question: I am currently scheduled to be off on annual leave on Friday, 12/11/20, and Monday, 12/14/20. Since we have been advised to dual punch on dates 12/13-12/15/20, does that mean I will need to enter my leave time in the current Kronos Workforce System and in the UKG system?
- Answer: Any time taken up to December 15th will be punched/recorded in the old system; any leave taken from December 16th going forward will be punched/recorded in the new UKG system.
- Question: When will I see my leave accruals in the new UKG system?
- Answer: Accruals will be uploaded to the new UKG system after the finalization of the last WFC (old system) Payroll. You can request time off for the period between the December the 16th and the 31st before accrual balances are uploaded. Updated: Accruals are now available in UKG as of 12/22. Please review and notify Human Resources if your balances are incorrect by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Question: UKG question – How will credit union and bank deductions, etc. be handled?
- Answer: If you have funds going to multiple accounts each month, the funds will be split between pay periods. For example, if you have now have $50 a month going to a savings account – now it will go $25 one pay period and $25 the next.
- Question: Will the 2020 physical day be gone at the end of the year, or will it be available until 1/16/2021?
- Answer: All accruals will be imported once the last pay period in Workforce Central is processed. Your physical day will be available in the UKG Ready, if it’s not been used.
- Question: Are we going to receive a list of the pay dates so that we can submit time sheets to the supervisor?
- Answer: We will be paid on the 15th and the last working day of the month. Unless it falls on a weekend or holiday.
- Question: Does my address in Kronos need to match my driver’s license??
- Answer: The address in which you would receive mail should be what you have in UKG Ready. This address is what is sent to your benefit companies (medical insurance, etc.). You can update your address through ESS (Employee Self-Service) on the mobile app or through your internet browser. Make sure your contact information is always kept up-to-date as we use this information to notify you of agency emergencies through Everbridge.
- Question: I’ve been watching the KRONOS videos and preparing for the change. Just wondering…since our December paycheck is for Dec. 1st-31st, do staff need to have leave entered into old system for dates after the Dec. 16th, or will those be entered on the new system only?
- Answer: Any time off after the 16th, will be requested in the new system only.
- Question: We will get a regular full check on the 31th? Then half a check on 01-15-2021.
- Answer: Yes, that is correct. As stated in the training video, MRCS is graciously supplying an implementation payment for the time for the 15th through the 31st.
- Question: Can you tell me how you clock into the new Kronos system? Is it by the mobile app, laptop, or time clock only? Is there no number to call like now?
- Answer: You will clock in and out of the new system using the mobile app or your PC. The only timeclocks that will be available to the new system are located at the PATH, Cornerstone and Fernwood. TK Talk is going away and will no longer be available as of the 16th.
- Question: I can’t find UKG Ready in my app store/play store. What do I do?
- Answer: UKG Ready is available in the play store to Android devices that have an OS version of 6.0.1 or greater and in the app store to Apple devices that have an iOS version of 11.4.1 or greater. If your phone does not match these specifications, you will not be able to download the application. But fear not, you can always use the internet browser on your phone (if you have a data plan).
- Question: What is VCA information?
- Answer: VCA stands for Virtual Code Authentication. This is a way to confirm you’re you through voicemail, text, or email confirmations.
- Question: Can I approve my timecard in the mobile app?
- Answer: Yes, you can approve time cards from your mobile device. Just make sure that you are reviewing each and every time card BEFORE you approve.
- Question: During the testing and logging on period in UKG Ready, do I need to approve my staff’s timecards?
- Answer: Timecard approvals will begin when we focus on pay period 12/16 through 12/31. For that time frame, you must approve time cards after you’ve reviewed and checked validity. Any time prior to that, it is not required, but it could be good practice to approve and look at the timecards so you’re better prepared when we fully go live!
- Question: Will the timeclock at my location work on the new system?
- Answer: Maybe! If you are at these locations, your timecard will record your punches in the new system: All 3 IDC’s, PATH, Fernwood Counseling Center and Cornerstone. Clocks in any other location are not compatible with UKG Ready. In the locations losing a timeclock, don’t fret, you can still clock in on the app or on your phone or PC browser.
- Question: I took the Kronos training last week and am trying to take it again but it says, Successful and won’t let me launch it. Any advice?
- Answer: The training has been set that you can take the training as many times as needed, so if you’re experiencing issues you can do a few things. If you’re supervisor is handy, see if they are able to help you out. If they aren’t, then you are welcome to put in a ticket to dthelpdesk@mountrogers or contact Cindy Johnson in HR.
- Question: Both systems??? I usually punch at the kronos clock on the wall. But how do I dual punch.
- Answer: Yes, you will punch in both systems from the 13th to the 15th. You will use whatever means you have been using to clock into the old system but you will use either the mobile app or your PC to log into the new system. Beginning the 16th, you will clock in and out using ONLY the new system (mobile app or PC). If you have a new time clock available at the sites listed above, we will be working to switch those to the new system and will be sure to communicate which clocks are live on UKG Ready. Update: 12/21/2020 – All the above listed timeclocks are online and working.
- Question: When I use the laptop to sign in it takes five minutes of starting the computer before getting on the intranet to go to UKG. Does the new system give us credit for the five minutes waiting for the computer to start??
- Answer: There are multiple ways to fix this particular issue. 1. You should easily be able to log in using your mobile app. 2. Make sure to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to make sure you clock in at your appointed time. 3. Should you get snagged before being able to clock in, you can always put in your time so that your supervisor will know that you were at work on time and approve your change request. Helpful Computer Tip: Make sure when clocking out and logging off your PC at night to restart your computer so that it’s fresh when you first come in OR you can just lock your computer when leaving for the day to help relieve the boot up time.
- Question: I don’t have a smart phone. I have a flip phone.
- Answer: In that case, the system gives you six minutes after the hour to get logged in before rounding to the next quarter hour so you should be good. If it takes you more than six minutes to get logged in, you will have to submit a change to your timecard to your supervisor.
- Question: Bonnie, will we go to the old Kronos system or to the new Kronos System when it’s time to access the W-2 form?
- Answer: You will be able to view/print your W-2 from the old system (Central) just as you have in the past.
- Question: When can I update my direct deposit information for it to reflect on the next payroll?
- Answer: Updates will only be processed on the 1st and the 15th day of the month for the next check. For instance, if you submit a change on 1/1/2021, the paycheck that new reflection will be on is 1/31/21.
- How To Guides